Solutions for pupils and students
To you who are young and read these lines, I would first like to point out something:
- You may have been criticized for being “nervous”, “talkative”, “inattentive”, “inattentive”, or even “unable to succeed in life”…
- Or that you don’t want to make an effort, that you only think about being silly or having fun…
- Or, a so-called « expert », said that you had « difficulties of attention », or that you were « dyslexic », or « hyperactive »,…
These things are wrong !
They’re just labels. When you do not know how to help someone, you « stick a label » to identify the problem (give it a name).
This way of doing it is useless, it does not solve anything!
The evidence : Did that help you ? Or, on the contrary, are you more and more inclined to think « it’s coming from me »… Or even « I’m not good, that’s all »…
The truth is, it’s not from you. It comes from a help you missed, at one point. Mostly, we didn’t teach you how to learn.
Learning something should be enjoyable. This should make it possible to succeed in specific things in life, to succeed in doing what we love, to create, to participate in the activities we enjoy…
It is certain that it takes rules to live together, (in school, in the family and in life) otherwise it could quickly escalate into violence and even more injustice…
It is true that we need some discipline, and sometimes even efforts is required to make progress.
But if you end up feeling excluded, “bad” or incapable in one or more subjects, it is because you have never had any help on this subject : How to learn.
- We understand what we read (or what we listen to or see).
- There is an increasing sense of control, of being “strong” in this subject.
- We want to continue, it’s like a game.
- We’re able to do something with what we have studied. (For example, if you study math, you can use itto build something, or to predict how much you will win by doing something…)
- If at some point we lose our interest, we can look back, and quickly find out why, solve the problem and go back to study with enthousiasm.
In short, studying becomes easy and it is a real pleasure. This is no longer a chore and can be done very often during its existence!
The author of Study Technology that we passed on wrote :
“In reality, those who succeed in life never cease to study and learn”.
How to get “Study Technology” :
- If you are 18, do not hesitate to contact us, by phone or email, or to register directly to attend a future conference. You will also be able to obtain the contact information of the (private) centres that teach this technology.
- If you are under the age of 18, show this article (and Website) to an adult who cares for you (parent, teacher…). He can ask us questions and you can attend one of our conferences.